Tuesday, December 29, 2009

If you want to see a miracle - be a miracle.

It has been 10 days. I am even more excited about this project than I was 10 days ago. I had thought, originally, that I would like to complete this project, over the course of the year, and then next January, when my mom turns 75, give her all of these posts, in a book, starting from day 1 to 365.

However, today, as I attended a yoga/pilates class (part of my year of intentional living), the thought "Don't wait!" came to me. "Tell her about it now." said my inner voice. It was my intuition, I'm certain.

I came to some other conclusions as well, as I tried to breathe, hold the pose and not fall over.

If the next 355 days is going to be a year filled with intentions, then I need to be more clear on what I am doing on a daily basis towards this goal. I have a million ideas as to how to live intentionally. However, as I was actually re-reading some of my own material (that I use for work), I realize that I need to get a LOT more clear on what I want. I am actually quite focued and I do have a solid vision for my life...to an extent. But I let myself off the hook and don't give 100% in all areas. It is time to step up. I've attended a number of leadership programs with Inside Out Leadership and in one of the programs, I heard the facilitator say, "98% is a bitch. 100% is easy."

It's true.

98% IS a bitch!

I asked myself the question, "At the end of this year, what would make it the very best year?". A few answers came to me. I still need to give this more thought, but I realized that 2010 will be an extraordinary year if/when I do all the things I wrote on Day 3 plus others:
1. learn to play the guitar and sing
2. learn to speak spanish and take dance classes
3. get really, really fit
4. spend more time with my friends and family, laughing and having fun
5. steward my savings/investments wisely and grow my financial net worth
6. find my purpose and get very, very clear on it
7. be more intentional with my businesses, websites, finish my product lines
8. meet the man of my dreams
9. simplify my life in every way
10. say "no" more often so that I can say "yes" when I want to

These are just random thoughts right now. Over the next few days I'm going to take these random thoughts and turn them into goals with benchmarks and a solid action plan!

I heard a great quote today that really spoke to me! If you want to see a miracle - be a miracle.

If I want to see miracles happen in my life, I need to be one! I'm looking around for miracles to happen...and what I really need to do is look in the mirror and create one!

My "90 Day Challenge" workbook is almost finished! On January 1st, I'm going to be a participant in my own program! It is time to get focused and clear! I am so focuesd in my Ironman racing (photo - from the Cozumel Ironman in November 2009). It's time to apply that to the rest of my life!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you for putting it out there Crystal. I have been following your blog since you told me about it and love it. It is going to be a spectacular year. For you;for me and your mom is going to love this project! What a cool gift! Win Win :) B

Unknown said...

I love it Crystal! I look forward to seeing your progress throughout the year. You inspire me!

Rich said...

Crystal, you are always such an inspiration. I look forward to hearing of your success and am happy to be a part of it. My commitment this coming year is to be the change I desire in the world and so will be PLAYING, having fun and being joy-filled. I'll send you info on my "Play Party for Gal Pals" and hope you might join me. Richelle www.playistheconcept.ca