Sunday, December 27, 2009

My body is my temple.

If it is true that "our bodies are our temple", then my temple has a few very sweet sections! I love sweets, treats and chocolate. My favourite treats are home-made cranberry, white chocolate cookies and I am the queen of baking them!

However, it's time to not only step up in the recycling department, but also in the nutrition department. This is going to be very difficult for me. My "comfort foods" are things like baked banana loaf, cookies, muffins, tim-bits, Starbucks pumpkin scones... I could go on and on.

For the month of January, I am committing to reducing and eliminating all this stuff from my life. OH MY GOD...this is going to be difficult. I can feel the sugar withdrawl already.

Mom, you're going to be proud of me!
It is December 27th. I have only a few days to savour your zuccinni loaf that's in my freezer!
Love you.

For the record, here is the recipe for my favourite cookies:
1 cup + 2 tbsp flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
pinch of salf
mix together.

1 egg
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup demura brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
mix together (on own - not with dry ingredients)
Add a splash of vanilla
Add a package of vanilla pudding mix (just the dry mix)
Add 1/2 cup of white chocolate chunks
Add 1/2 cup of cranberries (dried - like rasins)
Mix all of this together.
Then add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.

Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes, until the edges are golden brown.

Enjoy! And eat one for me too!

No comments: