Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Savouring every moment


...Just a few more days and we're leaving this little paradise.
The past week went by so fast! The internet went down so I'm sorry I couldn't write, Mom. I did get out to post a few photos for you but I'm sorry I didn't write anything!

We've had such a great week doing everything from renting bikes (with one gear only and the kind that you just press backwards and you stop...Oh My GOD...was that hard!)

We went to a little local village nearby and dropped off a bunch of pens, crayons, pencils, paints, etc. to a public school that doesn't have a lot of money.

We have gone surfing every day...and I can honestly say that we're improving a lot on the boards.

We've watched some great sunsets, walked on the beach, read lots and lounged in the lawn chairs way out on the beach when the tide was out.

As the days go by, it makes me appreciate every moment a little more. When there was 8 days left, it was easy not to think about how many days we had left here...but now, as we're down to just a few days, time seems more valuable and I want to savour every moment.

I should have been savouring every moment even more than I have. It was easy to take this little routine of getting up, surfing, walking on the beach, eating, relaxing and reading for granted...

And now, as we start to pack up and get ready to go...it all just feels like it went by too fast!!

We're taking the camera to the beach tomorrow...to take photos of surfing. Will post them!! haha! Could be very funny!

Have a wonderful day Mom. Love you. Can't wait to see you!
Thank you for this little reminder to savour every moment a little more and not take time for granted!

Love Crystal

No comments: