Thursday, December 16, 2010

50 Year Friends...



Wouldn't it be nice to have a friend for 50 years?

I think so.

A "50 Year Friend" would have 'been there and done that' with you for all of life's major (and minor) events. How lucky we would all be if we could get to that place of having a 50 year friend...or group of friends.

This is part of my tribe here in Kelowna. We had lunch yesterday. It was wonderful.


And the 2 ladies with matching hairdoo's sitting behind us were a great reminder to me of how much it means to have those life-long friendships.

Tomorrow night, I'm getting together with another group of amazing friends. How lucky we are to be able to connect, get busy with life, and then reconnect again and pick up where we left off, as if it were yesterday.

And before we know it, we'll all be home with you Mom, and while there, having lunch with our group of 7, who have now, for some us, been friends since we were 8 years old. That's a 31 year friendship so far. And I feel so grateful that it's OK to just connect and reconnect and get busy with life and then reconnect when time permits or the opportunity arises...and we just pick up where we left off.

Mom, I can't wait to see you!! Just a few more days!!!
Thank you for being such a wonderful friend to me.
love you,
PS Your hair looks way cooler than these ladies! :)

No comments: