Sunday, December 19, 2010

Don't wait too long...


Lastnight, Linda, Steph and I got together for a glass of wine and visit...and celebration of our birthdays! They're both born on Dec 27th!

It's been too long since we got together last. We've been friends for almost a decade and it's so wonderful to just be able to pick up where we left off.

Whether it's a run together, where we pack in as much conversation in an hour and then hug and say good bye until the next time...or conversation over wine...I realize, sitting with two of the best friends anyone could have, that I should not wait too long for the next time.

It's funny. If one of us called and said, "I need your help.", we would all be there in an instant. Even faster than that. We'd do most anything for one another. But, when it's just 'life', and nothing urgent is really going on, and life just gets busy, it's easy for too much time to pass between those runs or visits.

I wrote an email to Linda and Steph this morning and wanted to write a little note to send with the photo we took lastnight and my fingertips just seemed to write this by themselves.

Happy birthday to US!
May this next year be our best ever!!
May we always have good friends to drink wine and visit with.
May we always have great health, fit bodies and lots of energy.
May we spend our lives honouring our calling and following our hearts.
May we go confidently into the world sharing our gifts and passion.
May we be rewarded with satisfaction and funds for our time and talents.
May we always shine brightly, live in possibility and believe that all of our dreams will come true!

I think I was thinking about the birthday card that Linda gave me. It was amazing.
It said, "Do you remember the way it felt to make a wish and never - not even for a second - doubt that it might come true?"

I do remember.
Maybe it's time for that again...to live in that place of dreaming - and believing - in those wishes and that they will come true.

I just listened to the radio this morning and Michael Buble was being interviewed. They asked him, "Could you ever have imagined the success you are currently experiencing; selling 25 million records, playing in front of thousands in stadiums?" And Michael Buble's response was incredible. He said, "You know, I think I was the only one who believed I could sell that many records or play to sold-out crowds in stadiums." He went on to say that he "...started out, singing Christmas carols in shopping malls, with his grandfather waiting and watching for hours..." but he always believed in his dreams of singing in front of thousands.

Mom, thank you for always believing in me...and for never waiting too long to tell me how much you love me.

I love you,
Crystal

"Keep dreaming, wishing and planning. There is immeasureable power in it."

No comments: