Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Snowflakes...

How is it that each and every snowflake is unique? Different? Stunning? Beautiful in it's own way? It's true that no two snowflakes are the same...which is simply astounding to me!

I absolutely love the snow, especially when it's falling! I don't really love 'winter' but I do love the snow!

This morning as I look out the window and see that there's a bit of snow that fell lastnight, it's gorgeous and white everywhere! It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!! But that's another story!!!


I think there's a few things we can learn from these little (and abundant snowflakes)...
No two snowflakes are the same...and neither are we. Not just that each of us are different and unique...but that we each evolve and grow and are different from who we were in the past. And Mom, you've always simply accepted everyone for who they are (in that moment) without assuming that they were the same as they were last year or even yesterday. Acceptance is something you seem to be so good at.

Some snowflakes are light and fluffy...where others are heavy and difficult to shovel...because of the temperature of the environment. The environment...is everything for me...not really the temperature (although I'm a little cold with the temperature change from holidays to home) but it's more about the people we surround ourselves with, the love in the air, the positivity and energy that we give and receive from people around us...that's what I'm talking about. Mom...you created such a great environment for us to grow and become who we are. How did you get to be so smart?

Falling snow...lots of it...make me feel so cozy and warm inside. That's what I remember about winter at home. You created the most wonderful, loving, warm home for all of us...to grow up in and come home to! The colder it was outside, the warmer it was inside. Especially after shovelling the walk. I loved shovelling the drive way. (Please tell Don that I want to shovel when we come home for xmas!!) I can't wait to come home!! The more snow the better!!!

Love you, Mom.
Snowflakes and winter always make me think of you and home Mom. And snow angels are the first thing that come to mind whenever there's more than an inch or two of snow on the ground!
See you soon!!
love Crystal

No comments: