Friday, November 12, 2010

"You've got two choices."





















Tonight, after an exhausting week that ended on a great note with a quick flight and a wonderful visit with Gwen on the plane, I arrived home, greeted by Scotia, who seemed to have had a very relaxing week....

I was also greeted with a leak in the basement that I noticed last Sunday night before I left. Rob took a look at it this week and pulled apart a few things!

And this is what he found! A big fat crack in the foundation!




















I am so NOT impressed!!!
REALLY NOT IMPRESSED....just when the suite was practically perfectly ready to rent out on Vacation Rental By Owner.

I sat on the bed assessing the damage and wondering what to do now with the crack in the wall. And then Scotia wandered into the room, purring like a diesel engine. And I thought of the line I've heard you say several times in the past;
"Well, I guess you've got two choices."

And I guess I do.
Get upset. Let this crack (and the stress) bother me...or...appreciate some of the good things in my life...like Scotia, who seriously purrs so loud that it just makes me feel soooo good and then go take a shower, put on some warm clothes and get to bed.

This week, I could have made the better of 2 choices. I chose to be frustrated instead of being patient in a few situations that I wish I could 'do over'.

One thing I learned though, is to honour what I need and take care of myself instead of putting aside my needs. The only need I had was for quiet and space a bit of time alone. I didn't get what I needed b/c I simply didn't take it. It's my fault for not doing what I needed to to, in order to be my best. It's simple. If you're hungry - you eat. If you are thirsty - you get a drink of water. And if I needed some time alone b/c it was busy 24-7 all week, the time was there to take. I just didn't take it.


Tomorrow is a new day and I hope there's lots of great choices to make...
I'm so glad to be home, even if my house has a crack in it. It's not perfect. Nothing and no one is 'perfect'. This week was just another test in life; not about what happens to us, but rather, about how we respond. And while I might have passed a few tests, I failed in others this week and could have lived much more intentionally instead of just reacting.

I'll take this week as a good learning opportunity and do exactly that - learn from it.

Mom, I love you and I can hardly wait to see you at Christmas. 43 days and counting until Christmas Eve!
love Crystal

No comments: