Monday, November 1, 2010

Circumstances and people...





















I love this photo and quote. It's so true.

Circumstances certainly revealed who you are, Mom. I don't know anyone who could do what you have done in your life...with absolute integrity, courage and faith. Yes...circumstances certainly reveale your strength, values, commitment and loving nature. How blessed we all are to have you in our lives; the center of all of our worlds.

People and circumstances really don't make us who we are...but these things certainly do reveal who we are. Such a great message and one remember when circumstances (or people) are difficult. Those moments would be a great opportunity to reveal who I am. The best of who I am. And in the moments that I may not be my best...may they be a learning opportunity to become better.

It's Monday...and time to get out create some momentum for the day and week! I'm going to start with a big run. When I wait and put off working out, it never gets fit in. The day just slips away.

Like 'mall walking'....probably best done in the morning. :)

So...that's where this intentional day is going to start. Out for a long run. Then a call to Jim, the amazing guy who does yard work for Gwen and I. Yesterday, I attempted to do the leaves at my house, the hostel and rental with the leaf-blower. It didn't work out as planned and I realized that , "This job is way too big for me to handle." I spent almost 3 hours attempting to make a dent in the yard work only to look out the window and find today, that you can't even see what I did with so many more leaves on the ground. Yes...it's time to call for back-up.

And after a few phone calls, it will be great to get into my office, get organized and make some progress in other areas that I can actually make a difference in.

And focus on what I would do if I knew I would no fail...
Mom, I love you. And I can't wait to see you!
Thank you for revealing the best in your kids and for teaching us to do what we would do if we knew we would not fail.

love Crystal

No comments: