Saturday, November 27, 2010

Pack lighter...

It's been a few days and I can already see that I brought too many clothes. I should have packed lighter. All we really needed to bring was a bathing suit, some exercise clothes, a pair of flip-flops, a sundress or two, a pair of jeans and few t-shirts and a sarong that could be used for a towel, a wrap-around, a shawl, a beach blanket and a million other things...

Oh, one more thing to bring: a head-lamp which is the perfect flashlight. We've walked back to the hotel on the beach every night and the headlamp is a needed item...to keep an eye out for racoons, cats and dogs racing along the beach at night!

The weather continues to be a perfect mix of sunshine and rain...with the rain falling just at the perfect time.

Surfing is another story. The smaller the board...the harder it is to stand up. Yesterday was a perfect blend of catching waves, momentarily riding the surf and then either a belly-flop (for me) or graceful jump into the water (for Eric).

Gracefulness is clearly not my strongpoint when surfing. At least, I found some other bathing suit bottoms...so I'm not concerned anymore that I'm flashing the world a bare butt cheek!

:)
Mom, you would love the waves and sound of the ocean and walking along the beach when the tide is out.
love you,
Crystal





No comments: