Thursday, November 25, 2010

Surfing 101


What surfing IS and ISN'T!
- Surfing is clearly not as easy as it looks.
- Take the larger board when they offer it. That extra foot might be appreciated...and needed.
- Being a good paddle-boarder does not make one a good surfer.
- Every wave can be a good wave...don't let it go by...just paddle and TRY.
- Waiting for the 'perfect wave' won't make me a better surfer
- Focus!
- When you lose track of time...and hours go by...you know you're having a fabulous time...even if you've barely gotten up on the board!
- You're never too old to learn to surf. I might think I'm old compared to the 10 year old kids out there on the water...but when the white haired guy that has 20 years on me is sitting on the board next to me...you know that surfing has no age limit.
- Looking 'cool' isn't likely to happen when you're learning to surf.

- Part of the fun of surfing is sitting on your board, watching other people catch a wave and have a great ride!
- Knowing what to do and actually doing it are two very different things.
- That little dread-lock dude that makes it look so easy was born on that surf board!

- Clearly...none of these photos are of me! I could barely stand up on the board yesterday!
- Today is going to be a fabulous surfing day...and if I can tighten up the string on my bathing suit shorts, that would be a good thing too!

Hope the snow is subsiding mom and the temperature warming up!
love you,
Crystal
PS Surfing is like how my momma bakes...follow the recipe and it'll turn out perfectly. Deviate from the plan or forget to measure...and it's a face-plant in the ocean!

No comments: