Sunday, October 31, 2010

The way we look at things...


"When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."

Yesterday was filled with a million wonderful moments...moments of sunshine and running by the lake pushing myself beyond what I thought I could do...moments of laughter and poking fun at myself...moments of courage where I saw those around me do the right thing...moments of friendship and great conversation...moments of joy and feeling like the most fortunate person on the planet.

It was a perfect day in most every way...with "perfect" being a matter of perspective and choice. Because...the way I look at things has a huge impact on what those things mean.

And seeing a this crazy little car with all sorts of wonderful quotes and words written all over it was a divine moment that summarized my day yesterday.


All over this car were words of hope, love and inspiration. The universe perfectly orchestrated everything about yesterday including a glimpse of this 4-wheels of joy! (I didn't get a look at who owns or was driving this car...but I wish it was me (20 years younger). :)


Mom...thank you for the grace you've given me...grace and inner confidence...to do the right thing...and ability to encourage others to do the same. Thank you for the perspective you've bestowed in me to realize that the way I look at things determines what those things mean...and thank you for the strength you've given me to change the way I look at things...b/c it's true that if I can do that, the things I'm looking at change!

Love Crystal
PS: What would you have done if this was parked in your drive way 20 years ago? Wouldn't that have been hilarious!!

No comments: