Saturday, June 5, 2010

The little things...

Hi Mom,
You're always so thoughtful with the "little things". Whether it was standing by the kitchen sink, looking for the bus, ready to holler for us to get out the door so we wouldn't miss it as it made it's way around the corner when we were in high school...or making sure we never left home empty-handed, after a visit...or those care packages once we moved further away, with perogies, jam, zucchini loaf and relish. I'm so glad that our family is into "the little things".

Today was a day filled with little things for Gwen, Rob and I. Rob lent me his truck so I could take a bunch of stuff to the garbage dump and bring some things to the new house. It was really nice of him. When I came back with a load, he was just pulling in on his motorcycle! It's very very cool! A labour of love, for sure! I jumped out to take a few photos of him on his bike. The photos just don't do it justice. You've got to see this thing, in person, Mom!


And then when i came back from another trip, I found this little rock-message (with a little rhubarb) on my front step!!

Totally thoughtful!


Mel came over to the new place today and we wandered in the back yard, a maze of trees, flowers and weeds...and a massive rhubarb plant! We sat out there, pulling the stalks off and laughing. She took the rhubarb home. Thank God b/c I'm not really sure what to do with it. Oh....how I wish you were here!

Today really was a day filled with the little things...which are really the big things in life. It makes me stop and realize how much more I want to be an initiator of those little things, take more time, slow down and create more of those moments, like you do....

I can't wait for you to come and visit Mom! The back yard is a jungle!! And you and Don are going to love the view!
love Crystal

No comments: