Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Not much changes...








...It's amazing how not much changes among friends. I realize three things as I reflect on the past week spent with Amelie - not only a treasured friend but a sister.
1. You just pick up where you left off, even if 8 or 9 years have passed.
2. You not only see the best in one another, you bring it out!
3. You share your gifts with them and influence them in wonderful ways - as they influence you.

This week, Amelie shared some of her gifts with me...and I am so very grateful. I feel so much more energized and fulfilled because of her friendship and presence. It would have been a very different first week without Amelie here.

With a treasured friend visiting, taking time out of her very busy life with two small children and work to juggle, for an entire week - we had a chance to reconnect, to talk, to catch up, to listen, to go paddle boarding, to go running, to enjoy wonderful meals we made or out for sushi and to share a glass (or bottle!) of wine on more than one evening.

It was wonderful.

But Amelie's visit also did a few other things...It filled my spirit. Eased my feeling of "alone-ness" in this big new house. It rejuvenated me. Reassured me. Inspired me (to be more than I was when I woke up today). Calmed my fears. Reminded me of the strength and support and friendship available if and when I need. It gave me hope (in so many ways). And showed me just how much of an impact someone can have on another person.

I'm not sure how I influence her, but Amelie's always been an inspiration for me - years ago - and now. And I'll be forever grateful for her presence here this past week because she gave me such energy, hope and inspiration as I begin the second half of this year of intentional living and a new chapter of my life.

Mom, I look so forward to you coming to visit and for the time we'll spend together - out in the garden, sitting with a glass of wine overlooking the lake...or whatever we get up to.

I can hardly wait. Not much changes...among friends, sisters...and between mom's and daughters.
Miss you,
Love Crystal

No comments: