Sunday, June 27, 2010

When you change the way you look at things...

"When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
Wayne Dyer

Hi Mom,
I've (almost) always loved outdoor work...from raking leaves and cutting the grass at home when we were young...to working for the City, cutting grass at the cemetery for 3 summer's,(while going to university). I love being outside and working hard.

...but this...THIS is a little more than I bargained for!
Today I spent about 2 and a half hours in the yard, pulling weeds, watering, picking cherries, assessing, shaking my head at the never ending yard, confused as to what is a weed/flower/or who knows what...and LOVING every moment!
I think I've figured out one way to decide if it's a weed or flower....When you pull it out, if it has a bulb and not a root...it's probably supposed to be there! However, some weeds look quite pretty...and I might move them to the 'flower' category for keeping!

Today was an extraordinary day! A completely intentional day!
- I woke up early to go to the old house to cut the grass and work on the yard for the showing today. No offers yet...but my fingers are crossed!
- Then I went to the hostel, taking the 2 staff (that were working) latte's and mocha's!
- After that I got ready for work (tomorrow) and then got lost in the jungle!

Over 2 hours later, when it started raining and my feet were black from the dirt and I was about to be drenched, I came around the front of the house and Gwen called from her deck, "God says it's time to get out of the garden!"

I do love yard work...but I never knew that time would stand still today and I never expected to enjoy it like I have!

Thank you Mom...for being an example that outdoor work, yard work, picking raspberries/saskatoons/weeds is an experience not to be missed! I actually do remember not liking yard work years and years ago - when we first started helping you in the garden...and you taught me that picking weeds was needed - if you want to have fresh zucchini, peas, carrots and other things in your garden.

I needed to change how I looked at picking weeds....and then things changed!

Now...if you don't mind, can you PPPPPPPUUULLLLLLLEEEEAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEE get out here b/c I can't tell the difference btwn a weed and a flower! I NEED YOU!!! ;)
Love Crystal

No comments: