Sunday, June 20, 2010

The value of friendship...




The value of friendship:
Friends...
Love you for who you are.
Bring out the best in you.
Believe in you, especially when you don’t.
See the potential in you.
Show you possibilities.
Listen.
Share.
Challenge you.
Laugh with you.
Tell you the truth.
Make your life better, easier and more simplified.
Give without expectation.
Help when you need them – and do whatever it takes.
Celebrate with you.
Share in your passions.
Stretch you to become what you could be.
Enable you to see the bigger picture.
Encourage you to follow your heart.
Defend you and protect you.
Call out your spirit.
Love you altruistically and unconditionally.
Let you do the ugly cry...for as long as you need to (but not a moment longer than that).
Inspire joy.
Lighten the load.
Show you the humour in most every situation.
Aren’t afraid to get messy with you.
Hold a positive vision for you.
Pick up where you left off, as if it were yesterday, even if years have gone by...

Mom – this is the kind of friend you are – to your friends, family, children, grand-children and strangers, alike. Thank you for teaching me the value of friendship.

I wish you were here. Instead of you with the drill, Amelie’s got it and is putting up hammock chairs on the lower deck.

We also picked 19 (yes – nineteen!) 4-leaf clovers from the front yard. It seems that 4-leaf clovers find me everywhere I go. Yesterday when I was cutting the grass, I left the clover patch and just cut around it. Nineteen clovers- to share with friends...one leaf for hope, one leaf for love, one leaf for health and one leaf for wealth.

Gwen, Amelie and I all went for a run yesterday in the heat. Gwen was ahead of us but it was great to be out on the trail together. And lastnight, Mel, Amelie and I had a picnic of sushi and wine in Peachland...with ice cream for dessert.



Over the past few days, I am so aware of the value of friendship – surrounded by so many wonderful friends that I can hardly express how lucky I feel... finding almost 20 four-leaf clovers is just a fraction of just how lucky I am, in this moment and always.

Love you,
Crystal

No comments: