Saturday, June 26, 2010

Footprints on my heart.






















Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same. ~Flavia Weedn

Mom,
Thank you so much for leaving footprints all over my heart, for ensuring that I am never, ever the same (in some ways...always growing and evolving, but yet, completely the same in other ways...in my values and essence of who I am). Mom, thank you so much for validating me - making me feel so "bright", like the glowing moon or shining sun, each and every time we talk or connect. I can't tell you how much I appreciate you and your footprints on my heart, at this moment.

It means everything to me.

What you teach me today, as I reflect on your wit and wisdom in living intentionally, is that it's so very simple (even though it's not always easy) to leave footprints on someone's heart...
I just have to...
1. create space and an environment in my life to spend with friends and loved ones.
2. be 100% present. Fully engaged. Ears open.
3. validate the "essence" of the people around me - see them for who they truly are and who they could be.

My friend Melanie calls it "showing up fully".

It's that simple.

Two night's ago, a friend called me to say "Look at the moon! Look at the moon! I wanted to call you to make sure you could see the moon over the water." .

Now, there's someone who validates me...someone who knows what my spirit is all about. Someone who knows what makes me tick. That's someone who leaves footprints on people's hearts. Much like you do, Mom. Much like my friends do.

Amelie and I were having a glass of wine and visiting at the time. It was a moment I'll remeber forever, symbolic of the fact that the special people in our lives are those people that truly do validate the essence of who we are and show up fully.

This moment was a "God Wink", a sign from the universe and a clear indication from the angels, cheering from the sidelines in my life.

Mom, your footprints are everywhere, on my heart, on your other kids hearts, on your grand-kids hearts, on your friends hearts...and we are never, ever the same!
I love you!
Crystal

No comments: