Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Obstacle Illusions


Life is full of obstacle illusions.
Grant Frazier

I read this quote the other day and thought of you, Mom. It's something you would come up with; witty, off-beat and so unbelievably rich in truth.

Life IS full of obstacles...that are mostly illusions in my mind. And when something isn't right...those illusions become so believable, so real, it's hard to know if they are imaginary or actually there. But when something IS right, there is no doubt. Period.

Just like a rainbow. It's actually there, of course. I can take a photograph of it (beaming brightly over the hostel). But it can disappear in a moment also. It's not really tangible...it's much like an illusion.

When something is right - for me - I still see the obstacles (some that are actually there and most that are just in my mind) but when something is right, there is no doubt...and I just find a way.

It goes back to commitment; that whole "98% is a bitch - 100% is easy" concept that I first heard about at an Inside Out Leadership Development program; sort of like the question, "Am I really passionate about something or just interested in it?"

Tonight, I can see the truth and reality that...
Life is full of obstacles.
Life is full of obstacle illusions.
and...Life is full...
...full of countless miracles and blessings...that are real.

They're not illusions.


Love you, Mom.
You still remain the wind beneath my wings.
Crystal

No comments: