Saturday, June 19, 2010

Magic happens...



Tiny steps...in the right direction...every day...and then magic happens.

Good morning Mom,
Where did the time go? It’s been 6 months (today!) that I’ve been writing your blog. The time has gone by so fast...and yet...not fast at all in other ways. Thank you, Mom, for the past 6 months. It’s been such a gift for me, to write to you and create this gift for you...and to think about all the wisdom you’ve shared in my lifetime and to try and apply what I’ve learned from you in my life, to live more intentionally every day.

Mom, thank you for being an example, the greatest of examples, of how life should and could be lived...if we live a little more intentionally every day.

It’s poetic (an understatement) that on this morning, this glorious morning, I am sitting in my new house, looking out at the most gorgeous sunrise ever! I slept in the new house for the first time, last night, with Scotia and Amelie (who arrived yesterday to stay for a week).

Lastnight, Gwen, Amelie and I celebrated the new house by doing “zumba” (like aerobics but think “Latin American” style). We need the “beginner” dvd, to get the steps...although tiny steps every day could get us to shake parts of our bodies like they do on the video in no time! (Well..we’ll see about that.)

Then, we made a salad and baked salmon for dinner and ate in the sunroom (since it is where the only furniture is – a table and few chairs and it has the best view). It was a wonderful evening! Surrounded by sisters (real and soul-sisters). I only wish that you and your other daughters were here too. ...not only to celebrate but to help pick weeds! Haha! The yard is a jungle!

Mom, seriously, I hope you know how much I appreciate what I’ve learned from you...and today, what I feel is the blessing of learning, from you, what taking tiny steps, in the right direction (for me),and doing so often, can bring to life.
I truly believe, as we talked about yesterday, that there are angels everywhere. I think some sort of “power” much greater than my own has guided me to this place and will continue to guide me, if I choose to listen, to where ever the future will go.

Tiny steps forward...in the right direction...every day.

This morning, I realize, so clearly, that all we have to do is have that dream, whatever it is. We don’t have to know how to reach it. We don’t have to know the steps to take. We just have to put it out there. Think it. feel it. Say it. Let it go. And then some how, some way, without my full understanding, magic happens. And if we take any steps forward...in the direction of those dreams...and do this often...one day you wake up, and realize that, that particular dream just turned from a dream into real life. .

This house, while just a house and low on the list of what’s really important in life – compared to family, friends, friendship, health, faith, and love – feels like a haven. A sanctuary. Paradise. A blessed place to “”be”, to dream...and then let those dreams go...to float out on the water and come to life.

Thank you Mom.
I love you more than words could ever express.
Crystal
PS: This was the view lastnight as a double-rainbow crossed the sky!

No comments: