Monday, June 7, 2010



Take Your Soul By The Hand

I once had a dream - it was wonderful!!
I could do anything I please;
I could fly above the rooftops
on the whisper of a breeze.
I knew just what I wanted,
What I needed to be whole,
I had no fear of failure,
For I knew it in my soul.
But then things changed, for as I grew
My life was filled with learning -
With books and school and rule -and yet-
My heart was filled with yearning.
I searched to find the answers,
I searched to find my goal,
'Til it finally dawned no me -
I was searching for my soul.
We have a dream inside ourselves.
A gift to us at birth,
To guide us and protect us
On our journey on this earth.
We all have something special,
Each one of us' unique
You have to find the courage
To find the peace you seek.
So dream your dream and live your dream
Don't be afraid to try.
Just take your soul by the hand
And let your spirit fly.

Maureen Weiner



Today, as I wander in the backyard at the new house, looking at all the overgrown vines and trees and plants, I am momentarily overwhelmed with reality...the work required here, the mortgage, the increased monthly bills....

Compared to my very easy lifestyle right now, where I can just close the door and I'm away, where the yard work is minimal and the fact that my mortgage and bills are so manageable right now...I am feeling the stretch and pressure of this new home.

THe feeling is exactly the same as when I bought the hostel. I wasn't sure "how" it was going to work...I just knew that I was in the right place and had to follow where my soul was leading me.

Mom,
It's not me that is taking my soul by the hand...it's my soul that is taking me by the hand here...I think I'm just being pulled along for the ride.
Love you,
Crystal
PS Can you grab Don by the hand and please come out to visit...I don't know what's a weed and what's a flower or plant to keep.

No comments: