Sunday, February 7, 2010

Too much of a good thing...



Too much of a good thing...is not a good thing!

Tonight, I made my favourite chocolate chip cookies to celebrate the end of my commitment to stay away from junk food and chocolate for the month of January. It was a huge realization for me that I could actually avoid chocolate for a month straight. Usually, I eat quite healthy, but I exercise enough that I can also eat treats, chocolate and baking, without much consequence.

After a month of "no treats", I did eat an undeniable number of Mom's cookies and baking when I was home last week. Since then, though, I'm not really very interested in chocolate, junk food or even my own cookies. This is very strange! Now, of course, I still had at least 5 cookies tonight...lets be completely honest...but I'm not really craving them and I don't really care for chocolate as I did in the past.

What a let down. Disappointment. Loss.

Two weeks ago, I was really excited to have a huge "chocolate party" once January 31st rolled around. I guess things change. I changed.

I guess this is what living intentionally is all about.

There's a lot I don't know, but what I do know is that 5 chocolate chip cookies lead to a bit of a gut-ache, even if they're made with love!

Too much of a good thing...isn't really a good thing, after all!

Mom, I remember when we were young and wanting to eat whatever you were baking...and you would tell us, "Don't eat any more or you're going to get sick". Well, it's now a little late for that, but thanks for the reminder for next time! :)
I love you!
Crystal

No comments: