Thursday, February 4, 2010

Thank you.


Mom,

Thank you....

Thank you for picking me up at the airport when ever I come home. Knowing that you (want to be)there...means everything!
Thank you for being the most amazing Mom that anyone could ever imagine.
Thank you for listening. Always.
Thank you for everything you've taught me. More than a year's worth of lessons and insights, I'm certain.
Thank you for always believing that I could do anything.

Thank you loving me unconditionally.
Thank you for the freedom you gave me. And the belief you had in me.
Thank you for having faith in God and for what you teach me through that.
Thank you for your patience. I know I tested it at times.
Thank you for rescuing me when needed it. On more than a few occasions.
Thank you for laughing instead of getting mad.
Thank you for getting mad when you did, though, and for what that taught me.
Thank you for being a living example of how life should be lived. I am learning so much through you.
Thank you for letting me go off and do whatever I needed to do. Like travelling to Australia at 17 for 6 months.
Thank you for putting yourself first now.
Thank you for your honesty.
Thank you for your friendship.
Thank you for the most loving environment to grow up in.
Thank you for always giving us what we needed, but not everything we wanted.
Thank you for letting me go out and make mistakes (there were many) to learn from.
Thank you for being there to lean on.

Thank you for all your pep talks when I need them.
Thank you for helping me to see what is really important in life.
Thank you for teaching me what having a work ethic is all about.
Thank you for the values you instilled in me.
Thank you for putting your family first and for all that you sacrificed for us.
Thank you for your sense of humour.
Thank you for the inner strength you give me.
Thank you for the stability you gave us. Always.
Thank you for all the prayers that were answered as well as the ones that weren't.
Thank you for sharing the best of you.
Thank you for the most incredible family to belong to and be a part of.

Mom, thank you for all of these things...and so many more.

Today, I flew home (No..."he" wasn't sitting next to me on the plane!) ;) I can't help but feel like the luckiest person I know, as I went to the hostel for a staff meeting and chance to catch up with the staff there.
I think I really am the luckiest person in the world.
Thanks to you.
I love you,
Crystal

No comments: