Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Turn it UP!

It's time to TURN IT UP!

On my new stereo.
And in my life.

I've always wanted a good stereo. One that could fill the house with wall-to-wall sound when no one is around! That would be "living intentionally" in the moment!

I'd also really like to turn up the volume in my own life. Yes, I know that I live pretty loudly at times already...but I think there's more inside of me that just wants to shatter the silence and live a little louder...kind of like this quote:

"Dance as though no one is watching you. Love as though you have never been hurt before. Sing as though no one can hear you. Live as though Heaven is on earth." Souza

Back to the stereo....
I've never bought a good stereo. That was when cd's and tapes were "in". Now it's the ipod and itunes (Mom - this is when you download music from the internet for a $1 per song...and all you need is a "docking station" or speakers to put your ipod in.)

Well, yesterday was the day! I finally went out and bought a docking station for my ipod.


OH MY GOD! EVERYONE needs one of these!! I could have a dance party in my house the music is so loud and clear! (The poor neighbours!)
I can stop playing music from my computer (which is still quiet - even on maximum volume). And...I've blown the little speakers in it. I can also give the tiny radio/stereo that I did have to play music to the hostel where they can put it in the dining room or take out on the deck.

And here we are.
It's time to turn up the volume on the new ipod docking station. And in life!

Mom, I know you don't care too much for loud music anymore. I know you used to love country music. Now, there's probably enough noise with kids, grand-kids, spending time with Don, etc...

There's a great country song called "Living Out Loud" by Aaron Lines that I'm thinking of right now. The lyrics are below. It talks about living out loud...and turning up the volume in our own life....

"I'm going to start living out loud. My soul's been dying to scream and shout and shatter the silence. It's a beautiful sound when each moment counts...starting right now...I'm gonna start living out loud."


Living Out Loud - Aaron Lines

I'm tired of living in this bubble
So today I'm changing everything
Well, my dream's been buried in the rubble
It's time to set it free
No more keeping quiet this life inside of me

I'm gonna start living out loud
My soul's been dying
To scream and shout
And shatter the silence
It's a beautiful sound when each moment counts
Starting right now, I'm gonna start living out loud

Oh, yeah

Well, I'm not breaking any new ground
And I didn't reinvent the wheel
I'm just a man who finally figured out
What he really needs
So I'm turning up the volume of this song inside of me

Gonna start living out loud
My soul's been dying
To scream and shout
And shatter the silence
It's a beautiful sound when each moment counts
Right here, right now
I'm gonna start living out loud

All my demons, I have fought 'em
Inhibitions, I have lost 'em
It wasn't easy, but I taught 'em
To just get out of my way
And now, every breath I'm breathing,
The air is so much sweeter
Now that my heart has finally found a way

To start living out loud
My soul's been dying
To scream and shout
And shatter the silence
It's a beautiful sound, when each moment counts
Right here, right now
I'm gonna start living out loud
My soul's been dying
To scream and shout
And shatter the silence
It's a beautiful sound, when each moment counts
Right here and now
I'm gonna start living out loud
Living out loud
Living out loud

Mom, I love you very much! I hope you are enjoying this little blog. I think of you every day and how you choose to live intentionally, making everything so simple. I'm trying to live a lot more simply and not complicate life so much. Or worry so much. Or try to control the way my life goes so much. And just try to have faith that I'm moving in the right direction.
I love you.
Crystal

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that song "Living Out Loud" ... play it as loud as I can in my car! You are an inspiration Ms. Crystal! ((hugs))
Marlene