Thursday, February 18, 2010

My mom's a stunner!

Yes...my mom is a "stunner"!

Beautiful! Gorgeous! Stunning! Inside and out!

I just heard this term, for the first time, at the hostel recently...and I think it's fabulous!

I've been trying to think of how I could use this word in conversation at some point. But the opportunity never arose yet..so I thought...why not do it here.

Mom...Um...Just so you know,...I might be in trouble for this post....

;)

I was just looking back at photos that my mom and I were scanning into the computer when I was home. And I can't help but notice how beautiful my mom is. She was when she was young and she still is as beautiful today. It amazes me that my mom could look this good after having 9 kids (in the pink dress)!








































Or this good...in her 50's!


Or THIS GOOD in her 70's, just last month, with 2 of her amazing grand-kids!


Yes...I am definitely going to be in trouble for this post!
Sorry Mom...but I just wanted you to know...that you look simply gorgeous. Amazing! Absolutely beautiful, inside and out. You have great health...but there's more to looking so good than being blessed with good health, I think. Research is showing that being happy counts for a lot of how one feels, internally and externally...and it plays a huge role in physical health as well.
Mom, you're one of the happiest people I know. You choose to be happy...consistently.

I think that's what's behind your beauty, Mom. That...and the fact that you are loved more than you could ever know, by your family, kids, grand-kids, loved ones, friends...and Don! :)

Happiness...and a whole lot of love.

Today, I was talking to a friend on the phone and when they asked what I've been up to...I didn't have anything new or exciting to share. I just said, "I'm happy....happy for no reason."

Then I started thinking about it tonight as I was chopping up vegi's for home-made soup (that my sister Kate taught me to make)....I'm not actually happy "for no reason". I have so many reasons to be happy. The 1 hour and 40 minute run I did today (in the sun!) probably has something to do with my great mood...and, perhaps, too, that my team-members at the hostel are all totally back on their game! I also talked to Gwen today and she was soooo excited about her new bunny that she was literally vibrating on the phone. I've never heard her sound so excited!!! I went for a coffee this morning with a new friend that I feel like I've known forever and we had the best conversation. I have a number of such amazing girl-friends who act as a compass for me and help me find my path (when I get a little lost, go off-trail and find myself climbing the mountains (in my mind). Like Melanie. She's the best friend anyone could ever have. She's a total litmus test for truth and a compass for direction. Her faith in God helps me to expand mine. I stayed at her house lastnight so some of my staff could have some space away from the hostel for a night. It's so great to have these kind of friends. And I've made a few new friends in the past couple weeks, in my business program, that also seem like wonderful "old friends". Hmmm...you know, today, it just feels like my heart is wide open and I'm living with abandon!

What if our whole lives could be lived like this...not just one year (yesterday's post)! Wow! What a life that could be!

If we did that...we'd all be "stunner's" when we're 75, like my mom!

Mom - I love you.
I hope you're smiling!
I REALLY love you!
Crystal
PS: REALLY!!

No comments: