Monday, February 15, 2010

The Knots Prayer

Hi Mom,
I'm sorry I missed a couple of days! It was a busy weekend with the hostel's 12th anniversary party and working last week.

Today I received an email that was perfectly timed...found in my inbox exactly when I needed it. My sister-in-law sent this poem to me and it has to be one of the best email "forward's" I have ever received.

Mom, this poem reinforces that living intentionally is about more than just "doing". It's about "being". The following reminds me of your commitment to prayer and, particular, of the importance of having faith...two things I needed today.

The Knots Prayer
Dear God:
Please untie the knots that are in my mind, my heart and my life.
Remove the have nots, the can nots and the do nots that I have in my mind.
Erase the will nots, may nots, might nots that may find a home in my heart.
Release me from the could nots, would nots and should nots that obstruct my life.
And most of all, Dear God, I ask that you remove from my mind, my heart and my life all the "am nots" that I have allowed to hold me back, especially the thought that I am not good enough. Amen.
Author known to God.

Today I had a lot of knots and nots in my mind and heart and finding this poem in my inbox today was an unlikely coincidence.
Mom, I love you.
Crystal
PS To anyone reading this - I hope this poem finds you in a timely moment, as it has for me.

No comments: