Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Change of plans...

Mom, we're going crazy with out you! You need to call your Kelowna Connection as soon as you get home! (I'm serious!)

:)

Today, at 1:00pm I was on my way to Costco and I called Gwen, en route, to chat (on speaker phone). I told her about my sore foot and side. She said, "come over for a massage." I said I was on my way to Costco. She said, "Come over now."

So, I did.

Change of plans....

Today, I got it!! Yay!! I put aside my work and errands and just went to Gwen's so she could help me to take care of my body. She's the best massage therapist there is! I had been to the chiropractor earlier today and he said that I should get a massage on my leg, hip and foot.

Good test. Today I passed. I put my health first. Put myself first. I let someone help me. Still made it to Costco later in the day to buy supplies and stuff for the hostel. Funny how when I do set priorities and really pay attention, it all works out...and I'm able to get what I need done...instead of functioning at 70% and just "getting through the day" without taking care of myself first.

Mom - your 10th child is strong!! She made me say "ouch" about 100 times but I feel so much better tonight. Physically and mentally.

Who knew?

Who knew that a massage could change my self-berating spirit to a more positive one? who knew that all I needed was some sister-time and that my ass really isn't as fat as I think it is? And if it were, I could exercise it off anyway in the coming weeks.

Yes, who knew?

Mom - you would. That's who!
Call one of us as soon as you get home! We're so anxious to hear from you!
Love Crystal
PS Here's the view from the new house!! OMG!!!! Yay - I got the financing! Now, I just have to sell the condo and we'll be on our way! Pray! :)

No comments: