Monday, April 5, 2010

Pack lightly

Today's the day! It's not only one or two of your kids leaving on a trip! It's YOU!
Mom - have a great trip to Spain. I'll be thinking of you! Take LOTS of photos!!!

You always packed lightly, years ago, when we would go to the cabin at the beach. I remember we'd all have big duffel bags of clothes and all kinds of stuff and you would have a small bag, the size of a beach bag, with just a few things that you needed and that was all you needed for a week or more.

I'm slowly learning to pack lighter, like you, after years of going on trips, lugging so much around, realizing (when I got home) that I never actually wore much of what I brought.

I guess it's the same in life too, not just when we're going on a trip.

Pack lighter.

We don't need much of what we think we might. And if we do, we can probably find it there.

Today, Gwen and I are getting together and then I'm going to continue the de-cluttering process in my house. Spring is in the air! It's a glorious day!

For breakfast, I had rice-cakes with cashew butter and your famous jam! A perfect way to start the day, celebrate life and everything in it, and give thanks to God for our wonderful family, all the friends we have and the countless opportunities we're all blessed with.

Mom. I'll miss you!
Have a wonderful time!
Your blog will be here when you get home to catch up on!
Love Crystal
PS You would be proud. I went to church yesterday.
Miracles do happen!
:)
Love you!!!!!

No comments: