Saturday, April 3, 2010

Talent Night!

The DIVA Retreat is coming soon...

Mom, it’s just less than 3 weeks away! I can hardly believe it! Mel and I have been working on this dream for almost a year and we are so excited! There are 12 of us in total, all eager to “Discover our Inner Voice through Adventures of the body, mind and spirit"!

One of the activities of the retreat is a “talent night” where we will all share a small or large, silly or serious, quiet or loud, physical or verbal, humorous or hilarious....talent...with the group.

The reason we’re including this exercise is b/c it is a great way for everyone to discover our inner voice, be creative, stretch, grow, share and laugh together! I'm sure we will all get out of their comfort zones and just have fun! Find our inner voice! Laugh! And laugh some more!

I can see Gwen playing her ukulele and singing “yellow bird” already! OMG....she’s hilarious! it is going to be priceless! Kate could whistle! There’s no one that can whistle like her!

We could dance! Like Kate and Cindy at the beach!























Mel and I know this activity is coming...and we’re both nervous. I’m not sure what to do or share for my part. I could bake something (God knows I love to bake). I must get it from you! But I don’t think that’ll really fit with the program. The white chocolate cranberry cookies will have to wait!


I figure I could get some maracas and shake it up. That would be funny, at least!
I could learn a song on the guitar. I’ve been practising...but I’ll need to practise way more!

I could sing a song. Well, maybe NOT! Maybe if I was alone and in the shower. One day, I’ll get there but that day is not coming soon!
I really do not know what to do!!!

What I do know, though, is that, just like everyone in the DIVA Retreat, I’ll just have to trust - take a leap of faith – risk embarrassment – be myself – give it my best – let go of my reservations and insecurities – laugh at myself – have some fun with it – enjoy the moment - live a little intentionally – think of you and Gwen (you’re both so comfortable in your own skin) and maybe have a margarita somewhere in there too!

I suppose you are feeling the same anticipation with going to Spain on Monday. Are you excited? Nervous? It's going to be amazing! I sent you something by courier...you will get it today. Make sure you take it with you.

And when you are in Spain, enjoy some of the wine and sangria...and I'll have a margarita and think of you in preparation of our talent night in Mexico in a few weeks!

I love you Mom,
Happy Easter!
Love crystal
PS Can we have a talent night at Christmas?

1 comment:

Brenda said...

hmmmm - I have ideas. 1st thought...ohh noooo. 2nd thought...that'll be fun. Bring it on!! :) Time to turn up the volume. I can do this. Inner voice soon to be turned up. I mean we will be in Mexico - time to let it go and have FUN! 19 sleeps till DIVA time! Thanks for the heads up about Talent night!
See you soon....Brenda