Sunday, April 18, 2010

50 Year Friends



Living intentionally this weekend was all about friendship, love...and happily ever after!

When I moved to Kelowna 15 years ago, I met a girl named Rosie. We have been friends for probably more than a decade. We met in an organization called the Junior Chamber and really got to know eachother when we traveled to Brazil together. She's the kind of person and friend that everyone wants to be around. She has more friends than anyone I know. I remember one time when we were in Brazil. I was sick and laying on the top bunk of our 4-bunk room at a hostel and I could hear Rosanne out in the courtyard laughing, talking, celebrating and being the life of the party! She has a way of bringing everyone together and creating an incredible atmosphere and experience for all. And that's when people don't even speak the same language...
Suffice it to say that she's absolutely extraordinary!

This weekend, Rosanne got married! It was the most beautiful wedding ceremony! She was a stunning bride! Everything was perfect! Absolutely perfect. There was so much love in the air that it just brought so many of us to tears often throughout the day.

Yes....hairstyles change...but friendship...friendship always remains the same!


From decorating and lighting over 300 candles...to dancing up a storm...an incredible time was had by all!





I think it was one of the best days of Rosanne's life...and if that's the case, as her friends, it was one of the best days of ours. In these photos, you'll see Linda, Rhonda, Charlotte, along with the beautiful bride and myself celbrating the day that most women dream of and hope their whole lives for...

Mom - you have met Rosanne. I lived in her basement suite years ago. I obviously can't post more photos of the gorgeous bride out of respect for her day...but she looked more beautiful and radiant than I have ever seen her!

You know, Mom, you have some friends that you've been friends with for 10, 20, 30 and more years... Sadly, you've lost a few friends who have passed away. (I remember hearing the priest at the Strasbourg church when we were about 12 years old...he said "Of all the ways to lose a friend, death is the kindest." I didn't understand it then...but I sure do now.)

Mom, thank you for living with intention and for showing me the value of a "forever friend"...a "50 year friend" (roughly, this is a number to outline the number of years we hopefully still have left on earth with our friends).

I love you,
Crystal

No comments: