Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Could you please stand on the "x"?



Could you please stand on the "x" so we can give one another a big hug?

A few days ago, I got a wonderful email from a friend, who shared with me that they received (or were an equal participant in) several hugs last week! How cool is that! They knew how much I value the exchange of hugs. They knew how important hugs were to me and my family! Reading this email from this very special friend made my day!

Mom, I'm not sure if it's b/c you have 7 daughters that our family always embraces one another...when we arrive...when we depart...it's just seems to be what we do. So...maybe it's just a girl thing...but our brothers are pretty good at this too...so perhaps it's just that there are so many of us and that's how we grew up....or maybe it's what you taught us...but whatever the case, it's pretty cool!

Very cool!

Today was a very amazing day for embracing the people closest to me...
I feel very, very blessed!

I went to an Inside Out Leadership Group gathering of facilitators and leaders tonight. The group is so amazing! All of their programs are. Everyone greets one another with a hug as well, just like in our family! It feels wonderful. It creates what I wrote about yesterday...better social relationships. I feel very grateful to be a part of such an amazing group!

Tonight, I went to the hostel on the way home from the meeting b/c my Australian brother Dave has arrived back from working at the nearby ski resort along with a bunch of past guests and staff from last summer! Tomorrow some of the current staff are leaving to continue their travels...so tonight is obviously a great "welcome back" and "bon voyage" party! I stopped in to say hi (and take coffee filters b/c we ran out) and see everyone! The hugs continued! Since receiving that email a few days ago, I took notice of how often I exchange hugs with other people...I'm not sure if it was b/c of the email or if it was just a coincidence...but today was filled with too many hugs to count!

The staff and guests at the hostel are the "family" I have created...and tonight, at the hostel, everyone's hugs meant so much. Some are "good bye" hugs from staff who have spent the better part of their world trip at my hostel! (How fortunate am I that they chose their time to spend with my hostel?) Other hugs were greetings of introduction and/or welcome back...and others, still, were of a deep genuine love for one another. I feel so loved by everyone there...and I love them so very much, more than they'll ever know...not b/c they take care of everything from my life, business, cat and "me", but, rather, just because some of these people are truly the most special people I have been blessed to know over the past year.

And if that wasn't enough, today was also filled with a few conversations with people that are not nearby...but those conversations will never be forgotten and I wish they were here for me to wrap my arms around.

Maybe I'm just being sentimental...I'm not sure... I do know that the new house is going to be a "defining moment" in my life...a turning point...(I'm so excited about it...I hope it works out!)...and I know that I'm wearing "my heart on my sleeve" these days...and I'm so excited about so many things from work to life to the summer....who knows...but I do know that "feeling" my life has been a wonderful thing. I have the most wonderful life.

I'll find out in the next two days about the financing on the new house! OMG...I'm so excited!!!!!!!! Living across the street from Gwen, waking up with a view of the sunrise over the lake, a block to the beach, renovating, fixing, paining...I can hardly wait!!

Mom, thank you for always being there to hug us goodnight and good morning when we were kids. When we grew up and moved away to school, we'd come home on weekends and you'd be there at the front door before we even got out of the car, waiting to give us a hug. Then, later still, we'd fly home and there you would be, again, waiting down by the luggage carousel, for us to come down the stairs...just waiting, and smiling, with arms ready. I know there are families that don't hug too much and who don't say "I love you" very often. I feel bad for them b/c I know what they are missing. Mom, I don't know who I would be if it weren't for you, and your unconditional love...and all those amazing, life-changing hugs!

I love you Mom. Missing you a ton!!!
See you soon. Send some news!!
Love Crystal

1 comment:

Unknown said...

...thank you! Thank you for blogging. Thank you for sharing it with the world. Thank you for being such an amazingly positive source of possibility within every post!
Huge Love from Vancouver!