Friday, September 10, 2010

3 steps to happiness...



I got this print several weeks ago and when Kate and Garth were here, they put it up in the dining room. It's perfect!



Reading a magazine the other day, called "Ode", I came across an article that talked about fulfillment and happiness. It mentioned 3 little steps that I believe in...and that you live, Mom.

3 steps to happiness and fulfillment
1. Know yourself
2. Be yourself
3. Give yourself away.

How simple is that...and so true.

I still have so much to learn, like we all do, about knowing ourselves...and I think that's a process called "life". But I love the part about being yourself. In the article, written by a priest, it mentions a note the author got from a retired bishop that said, "Many will say 'be Christ-like for the sake of others'. I say to you, 'be yourself for Christ's sake."

(...and if you can imagine the Bishop sayng the "for Christ's sake!" part with a bit of expression and pizzazz...and maybe a little sarcasm...it's quite funny, don't you think?!)

Love that! I thought you'd like it too, Mom!

And the last part is so perfect and what I really have believed all my life...to discover my gifts and share them with the world...inspiring others to do the same.

Mom, I see your your wisdom shine through everywhere, whether it's the pages of a magazine or book or something you've said or done over the years.

You have so much common sense, simple wisdom that really does lead to happiness and fulfillment just by thinking of you and trying to live a little more along those lines.

I went through every single piece of clothing I own the other day and that, in itself, has made me feel so much better! Thank you!! Now I just have to get to the garage and hang a few more pictures and decide on paint colours for the house! Hopefully by the time you get here, much of the work will be done!! I'm holding out on the kitchen cupboards waiting for you though!!

Love you,
Crystal

No comments: