Thursday, September 9, 2010

We only live once...

If I knew that I only lived once...and will never get another chance to live this lifetime, this year, this week, this day or this minute again...what would I choose to do differently (or the same)?

I'd try to live as much as possible like you live, Mom.

For sure, I'd take more risks (because...as I heard it said best, "the only real risk is in risking nothing"). I'd not worry too much or at all. I'd not get too stressed about anything. I'd forget about trying and just focus on being. I'd speak only of joy, happiness and positive ideas and things. I'd focus only on what I can control. I'd smile all day long and share all the joy, hope and love inside of me. I'd be completely focused on my mission in life - to lead by example, encouraging others to discover their innate gifts and talents and share them with the world. I'd laugh as much as possible. I'd celebrate life.

I'd give every minute everything I've got.

This is why I love doing Ironman triathlons. It's in those moments, during the race, that I live like this...risking all that I am, not worrying too much about the wind or weather or things beyond my control. I just focus on the present moment and being the best that I can. I smile as much as possible and make new friends, encouraging others to discover the strength inside that they never knew they had. And it's definitely out on the course that I celebrate constantly...getting through the swim, getting out on the bike and passing different land-marks, finishing the bike, and then celebrating every mile as it passes to get to the finish line. This is where I discover my best self and give every minute everything that I've got.

I have so much to learn about living this way every day...but this realization is a great start. So simple...yet so hard at times to do.

For now, I hope to run every day, even if it's for only 45 minutes, to remind me that we only live once....and to give every moment everything I've got!

Thank you, Mom, for continuing to be my inspiration...in my race last week and every day!

Here are some photos of the race...

As you can see, it was a day of big smiles and lots of joy!
Love you,
Crystal

This is the world's largest mass swim start with over 3000 competitors!


My moment to shine...going up Richter Pass!




















I never knew it...but I'm actually a good runner!





















I finished...with my third best race time...feeling fabulous!




















And so very grateful for you, Mom, and for my family and friends who are always the wind beneath my wings!





I love you Mom! Thank you for your prayers!!!

No comments: