Saturday, September 11, 2010

Little road-blocks



This is a photo of driving in India last year...when it wasn't the rainy season. I can only imagine what the roads are like now, with all the flooding the area is experiencing.

The are having serious road blocks over there. In lots of areas, the roads are no longer even there and if they are, they are under water.

It makes the little roadblocks in my life seem so minor. Frivolous. Almost non-existent.

In other parts of the world, there are no solutions that will quickly fix the problems people are facing. For the road blocks in my life, there are easy solutions...

Focus. Discipline. Fun.


I need to focus on the things I want more of in my life. It is time to be disciplined. Talk is cheap! At the same time, things need to be fun if I'm going to follow through and remain focused and disciplined in certain areas!

I often wonder "Where does the time go?"

I have no idea....it just goes.

But if I can be a little more focused and disciplined...who knows what I could actually achieve! I'm still so grateful (and slightly in awe) of the Ironman race and how well I did, considering my lack of training. (Mom, you must have been praying a LOT!) It's not really anything to be too proud of (doing OK in spite of myself)! Imagine what I could accomplish if I actually trained and had a bit of focus and discipline!!

And really...how long do I have to listen to the voice in my head talk about playing the guitar, that 6-pack I want to have once in my life or writing my book?

(Better question...How long do you have to read about it?)

It's time...to move the roadblocks, to stop talking and start doing!

So...realizing that I'm not really being too good on my own, I'm joining up with your #10...Gwen and I are on a fitness kick! well, she's always on a fitness kick... We're going to check in with one another, work out, work hard and make it happen! This will help take care of one of my aspirations.

As for the guitar and my various projects...

It's time.

Little steps every day! Time's ticking and waits for no one...so I better start walking in the direction of where I want to go...instead of simply admiring the view!

Do I really want to just sit and admire the view or actually get where I want to go!?

Really - I don't know you to sit and admire the view too long....you're too busy with your head down, walking.

Thx for the little kick in the butt that writing this has given me.
Love you, Mom. Hi to Don!
Your #8.
PS GO RIDERS in the game tomorrow!!

No comments: