Thursday, September 23, 2010

Anticipation.

The anticipation of something is almost as good as the thing itself sometimes...

Like when you plan a holiday. I like to plan far in advance so that I can daydream, plan, think about and get excited about the holiday! It's sort of a let-down for me if a holiday is planned on the spur of the moment b/c then I don't get to plan or create/feel the anticipation over everything. And God knows I like to get excited about most anything.

I like to get my suitcase out. Start making a little pile of things to take. Research places to go and things to see. And relish in the thought of going on a holiday...even if it's months away.

I like the anticipation experienced with planning a holiday, going out for dinner or having friends over. Not that I don't love a surprise b/c I do...but then I get to make an "experience" out of it and do/add the little extra things I like to create.

Like you coming out to visit!!! Yay!!!!!!!! Or coming home early for Christmas! Thx for calling tonight Mom. I am booking my flight for Monday or Tuesday before xmas until the 26th. I'm looking forward to being your helper and the cutting/chopping queen! I'll talk to Gwen and we'll book flights asap!!

Here's a photo of Gwen's house decorated for their anniversary. I'm not sure if they had much time to anticipate and celebrate before their anniversary but I think they had a great evening out. You can't tell, but the tiki posters on the garage are actually quite big!


Right now I'm planning a few things that will give lots of opportunity for anticipation....a surfing holiday, some new work plans that are in the works and another ironman race next year (you didn't think that could possibly have been the last, I hope.) :)

Love you, Mom.
Thanks for your call!
It's so nice to talk with you!
You're really make everyone's day with just a few minutes with you.
See you soon,
Love Crystal

No comments: