Thursday, July 1, 2010

Proud and grateful. Confident and humble.


Happy Canada Day!
I am very proud and grateful to be Canadian. I'm also confident and humbled because of my nationality.

Mom, here are a few photos from the fireworks to celebrate Canada Day that I took tonight. I sat on the dock, down the way, and took photos of the fabulous fireworks. It was a lovely night. So many people out with their families, having fun, taking photos and watching the fireworks.

Feeling proud and grateful at the same time is wonderful. Confident and humble at the same time, too. A perfect balance.

Like you, Mom...proud and grateful, confident and humble at the same time...a wonderful balance and way of being...that you have shared with your family.

Your balance of these things has taught me so much.

When I'm out of balance - in either direction - it's not good. Too much confidence or pride...leads me to be impatient and demanding. Too much insecurity or too much gratitude (feeling thankful for whatever reason (in excess) is really feeling "not good enough" in a sense).

Imbalance always leads to inner turmoil and stress for me. So, it's a balance of all of these things that I strive for...and as I watch the fireworks tonight, I felt it. Proud, confident yet grateful and humble, doing something that I love (photography), thinking about all the great things going on in my life...and in the few areas that are not near-perfect; praying that I get out of my own way and allow life to unfold as it's meant to.

I love you,
Crystal

No comments: