Thursday, July 8, 2010

Stillness speaks...


The lake is perfectly calm this morning. There's not a breath of wind on it. The world around has the same sense of calm and peacefulness. The trees are standing perfectly still. The sun is shining brightly over the water and reflecting everywhere. It's one of those mornings where you can hear the stilless speak.

Like the lake on those perfectly calm mornings where the water is like glass...and the only wind was from sitting on your swing as it moved.

I woke up this morning with the sun pouring in, shining so brightly on my face that I couldn't ignore it, even though the time said 5:30am. Wandering outside, I am amazed at the beauty and miracles everyhwere in the stillness.

This morning, I feel the same sense of stillness. (Which is rare.) It feels good to just be still. To hear what I'm not saying. To daydream. To pray. To be grateful. To imgaine the possibilities. To say thank you for all that I am and all that I've been given. And to simply just "be" in this moment.

Mom, thank you for teaching us to value that stillness and those moments where all you need to do is push the swing with one foot and just "be"...enjoying the moment, with nothing to do and no where to go.

I do have some place for you to come to though...and there's lots for you to do!!
There's over 40 cups of rhubarb in the freezer and cherries galore! Gwen came over lastnight to help chop rhubarb and we are bot so excited for you to come out. Whether we're just being still or you're teaching us to make jam, we're both so excited to be in that moment!

Love you,
Crystal


No comments: