Friday, July 2, 2010

Being understood.

Mom, thank you.
Thank you for knowing just what to say. Even in a two minute conversation, you make all the difference. Thank you. All you said was "I can see how you could feel that way." That was enough. It was all I needed. Thanks Mom.

Well, as you can see, squeezing in a full work-week is a little tough with my new part time job beckoning!

After teaching today, Gwen and I chopped rhubarb and visited! Then, I went to the hostel for a staff meeting with 2 huge bowls of cherries to give to the customers and staff. And, after coming home, I pitted cherries (yes..."p" like peter) and made rhubarb cherry crumble. We'll see how it turns out.

There are a LOT of cherries in the trees!

I've invited the neighbours over to take what they want and I've taken bowl after bowl to the hostel. I am in awe (total and complete awe) every step I take in the backyard. The flowers, fruit, everything! The effort that Anne (the prevous owner) put into the garden is so evident. While I am temporarily overwhelmed, I'm so excited about the new lifestyle that it demands. So very excited. And grateful. I lose track of time out there. An hour goes by in a heartbeat! Not good when it's 6am and then I am almost late for work today!

Mom, thanks for the 2 minute conversation and timeless feeling of being understood.
You mean the world to me.
I love you,
Crystal

No comments: