Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Trust.














When there is nothing else I can do...I just have to trust.

Trust life.
Trust that things happen for a reason in the bigger picture.
Trust that I have enough time.
Trust the people around me.
Trust that the body really is a miracle, capable of healing itself.
Trust. Trust. Trust.

And then make the most of the present situation.

Mom, I woke up today, hoping my neck would be better. I lay down last night for 2 hours and then went to the grocery store at 8pm to buy some advil and an ice pack. I've never taken advil before so it must be serious. The healtfood store anti-inflammatory didn't work (that I noticed) but the lady there was very nice (I know her well) and when I told her I hurt my neck, she was very consoling (I am a poor baby) and I found myself saying "I just want my momma!" and almost burst into tears.

Ahh, hemm...perhaps I am a bit of a drama queen. :) One thing is for sure. I DO NOT LIKE BEING INJURED! I can handle being sick but I do not like being injured at all!

Anyway, I went to Save On and bought some ice-gel packs and then Gwen came over and rubbed my neck a bit. She's an angel in disguise. We had a good visit, and she went home with a big bowl of cherries that I bought the other day. It's been wonderful living so close to each other.

When I was laying down last night, I was wondering why my neck could be sore and what I could be doing about it...

...It's not the time to pack in my Ironman stuff yet, so don't get your hopes up, Mom! But I did come up with the realization that I just have to trust that this is all for a bigger benefit...and that so much good can come out of everything, no matter what it is. It's a choice, of course, and I just have to choose to trust.

I am sure that's what you have done all your life....Trusted.
Trust in life.
Trust that things happen for a reason in the bigger picture.
Trust that you have enough time to do all that you needed to do, with 10 kids and so much going on.
Trust the people around you.
Trust that your body (and the bodies of your kids and grand-kids) really are a miracle, capable of healing itself when they are injured or sick.
Trust. Trust. Trust.

This morning, rather than get upset that my neck doesn't feel any better, I decided to take my coffee outside and water the trees. Anne told me that I have to water the leaves. I didn't know. So, with my coffee in hand, I spent half an hour watering the trees and loving every moment, trusting that my neck will get better soon.

Love you,
Crystal
PS I want my momma!
PPS It's only day 2 of being slowed down by a sore neck, but, to be completely honest, this is not just a pain in the neck, it's a real pain in the ass!!

No comments: