Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Be who you are!


We're all sort of like marbles...virtually the same on the outside, yet so vastly unique on the inside.

Unique likes and dislikes.
Unique gifts and talents.
Unique personalities and styles.
Unique passions and callings.

It's in embracing our uniqueness and listening to our own inner voice that is important. And honouring our calling...

Oprah says...
"There is no greater gift you can give or receive than to honor your calling. It's why you were born. And how you become most truly alive.”


As I work in Edmonton, I'm thinking about my inner calling. What I've been born to do. How I become most truly alive....

It's not by being here, I don't think. To make the point even clearer to me, as if it wasn't already, was that two people who called me from Kelowna lastnight (in different phone calls), and they asked, first thing, after I answered the phone and said hello was "What's wrong?"

Nothing's wrong. This just isn't my calling. And so I'm not really excited or alive with passion or even my usual exuberance.

For me, this is all good information. Great experience. Incredible wisdom gained.

There are parts of being here that I love. That I'm called to do. And then, there are other parts that are clearly not my passion. Now, I know that sometimes work is exactly that. Work! It's not always easy or what we want to be doing....but this is all good information for me to take and think about as I spend the week here. When I'm on the plane on Friday, going home, I'm sure it'll provide a great space and opportunity to sit back and process all of these thoughts, ideas, and where I think I'm best utilizing my gifts and honouring my calling....

Until then, I'm going to be present and focused and share my gifts and talents and be who I am, offering the very best of me, every moment of every day.

Love you, Mom.
Today - thank you for teaching me to be who I am.
See you soon,
Love Crystal

PS...and when I get back to my hotel room, I can put on my warm socks and give thanks for my mom who always left the door open for me to go after and honour my calling.

No comments: