Saturday, October 2, 2010

It's all about our thoughts...and beliefs!


This little poem is amazing...and life is, indeed, about our character, as the title suggests...but it's even more about our thoughts...
and
beliefs!




Gwen and I are at this amazing workshop this weekend in Victoria and it's all about our beliefs, thoughts, stuff inside our brain...and how that has a huge impact on EVERYTHING that happens in life!

There are a million quotes said about "thoughts" and "beliefs".

We become what we think about most of the time...

Thoughts are things...

Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it will achieve...

We won't see it...until we believe it.

It was an amazing day! So much learning, so much great information, and so much familiarity!

When I was about 20, I wanted to learn more about kinesiology, muscle testing, the power of the mind and how our beliefs influence our lives. Then I sort of lost touch with this inner calling and finished university, went on to move to Kelowna, etc. and time went by.

I always remembered my interest in muscle-testing, the power of unconscious thoughts and positive thinking and how "our perception is our reality"...but never focused on these things specifically.

Well, today was sort of like "coming home" for me. Even the facilitator and some of the other participants seemed oddly familiar. It was fascinating.

I knew I was meant to be here. It was as if I could finish the sentences of the facilitator. I knew what he was going to say before he finished saying it. I can often feel what someone is feeling or I can sometimes receive an awareness of other people's thoughts...not really reading their thoughts...just sort of intuitively being aware of what is going on. (Of course...there are other times when I'm so absorbed with myself that I have no clue what anyone around me is thinking or feeling!)

Regarding the intuitive moments I experience, I know I get this from you, Mom. Except that you have this gift in a much more powerful way than I do. (The not so intuitive moments...the self-absorbed times...we both know where I get that from! kidding!)

Anyway, it was an extraordinary day! I loved every moment! I'm here in bed, feeling so happy to be here! Gwen is out with Britta for the evening. I'm so excited for tomorrow!

I find it interesting that I'm finally here, studying what I was drawn to so many years ago. I believe in my heart that this is a piece of what I am called to do in my life's work. I did know this years ago, too, but I guess the timing wasn't right until now.

I have faith that everything unfolds in life as it's meant to. And my life seems to be unfolding in ways that I dreamed of, prayed about and wished for.

Thank you Mom - for encouraging me to dream!
Thank you God - for hearing every word in every prayer I've uttered!
And thank you universe - for all the stars (and 4-leaf clovers) I've wished upon!

I love you Mom.
Crystal

No comments: