Thursday, October 14, 2010

Where Have YOU Been?


This is a question I'm asking myself right now...and one I remember you asking when we were teen-agers!

Where have you been?

Days and weeks have flown by and I've been busy with so many projects...but it feels like I'm jugging too many things right now and nothing is getting completed properly.

Living intentionally has gone out the window this week!

Work, selling the house (an unanswered prayer...still!), organizing my vacation rental suite downstairs (slow on my tight budget!), the hostel (it's like it's got magnets glued all over it and I'm made of metal...I just get sucked in there and never leave). (Sort of like the customers...so that's not really a bad thing now is it?) And then there's the gala, the next DIVA Retreat, trying to maintain some sort of exercise and health (how is it possible to have had such good intentions of my 6 pack summer and it's not summer anymore and my 6 pack still hasn't arrived...not by a long shot!). And it would be nice to have some sort of 'life', too.

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed right now...not doing a very good job of juggling at all. And certainly not living as intentionally as I would like to be!

All in all, I bring myself back to my center as I write this and realize that I've been going in circles...in my mind and in life...getting wound up, frazzled and going too fast to slow down enough to regroup, focus, get settled and slowly, methodically, accomplish one thing at a time. I guess this is all a process. There is no finite end or finish line when it comes to being intentional. It's a work in progress...at least it is for me...and although I have not seen you in SOOOOO long Mom, I hope that there's little parts of you that come through in me and my busy life that help to bring me back to center, to myself...and show me where I am so that I don't have to ask myself, "Where the heck have you been?"

A friend of mine is great at making lists, worksheets and prioritizing details. And this is a skill that many people have. Even me. I can make lists, get organized and create worksheets almost as good as the best of them...but this, this is only step one. Step 1 is only part of the equation...and it's the easy part. Step 2...my friend is also very good at that! VERY! I could learn a few things here beause at step 2...now that's where I stumble...that's where I have to follow my damn list that I made!

STEP 1: Make the list!
STEP 2: Follow it. Dammit!

It's really so very simple. Make the list. Then follow it.

If I can do this, then I'll know where I've been. I would be on that page, working smarter, not harder, somewhere between all the crossed-off, check marked, scribbled out, complete and finished projects...doing the happy dance of joy that only comes with hard work, discipline and focus.

Mom, I love you, miss you and need a little bit of you right now!
It's a good thing you're not coming out right now though ...YOU would probably be put to work! Either that...or YOU would be the Master of the List...and WE would all be put to work.
Yes...that's probably the way it would work.
I love you!!
Crystal

No comments: