Thursday, October 28, 2010

Leadership and Divine Intervention


There is one thing stronger than all the armies in the world and that is an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo.
As I sit here on the plane, flying home, I’m very grateful for this week; for all of the time spent; for the opportunity to make a difference and the ability and capability to influence my own future. I’m also grateful for the few frustrating moments that served to remind me of where I’m called to be and what I’m called to do. ...and how important it is for me to honour that calling.

I heard a song called “No Worries”, for the first time this week, and just can’t get it out of my mind now. The first line (repeated often) is, “I just know your life’s gonna change.” It’s just a fabulous song and in some way, for some reason, I just know it was speaking directly to me....

Two nights ago, I could not get to sleep. At 2:00am, I was still awake, with my mind filled with ideas and inspiration. Watching an amazing video clip from a movie called “Facing The Giants” earlier in the night did not help put my mind to rest either. The movie clip went something like this:

A football team was practising for a big game against a much stronger team. When one player said something discouraging that inferred they would lose in the coming game, the coach asked the player to stand up and come forward. Then he asked the player to do a drill, an exercise, that they often did in practise, and asked for one thing; for the boy to do his very best.

That was it. His very best.

And then the coach blindfolded the boy so he could not see how far he was going...so he could not see when he reached his goal.

So he would not stop when he reached his goal.

The boy started the exercise and without realizing it, passed his initial goal, and then kept going...and going...and going...and as the boy reached his maximum and did his very best, the coach was cheering loudly.

When the boy took off the blindfold and realized that he went twice as far as he thought he could, the team looked on in amazement. He thought he could make it only to the 50 yard line on the football field...but he had made it all the way across the field, to the opposite end-zone.

Then the coach spoke. Among other things, he said, “God has gifted you the gift of leadership. Don’t waste it.”
The video clip was only 4 minutes long, but it will have an impact on me for a very long time, I hope.

It was very inspiring. So inspiring that at 2:00am, I was wide awake and imagining what could be possible if I didn’t stop when I reached my goals. I wonder how far I could go, the difference I could make and the impact I could have...if I would, first of all, get out of my own way in certain areas and, secondly, if I didn’t know when I arrived at “good enough”. ..and if I truly knew where I was called to be.

At 3:00am, just as I was getting to sleep, a thought came to me so clearly it was as if I was seeing it on a huge illuminated billboard. I could hear it in my ears as if someone was shouting and it startled me awake.

I've come to know this voice, which doesn't happen often, as Divine Intervention. I know it's God speaking to me. Some might think I'm a bit nutty, but I know this voice over the years and although I don't hear it often, when I do, I pay attention.

It's impossible not to. It's almost as if I don't have a choice and it's impossible to ignore.

It said, “You need to write.”

And then today, coincidentally, literally out of the blue, someone came to me and asked me to write a little booklet for them...and they'll even pay me to write it. I could do it. It would be a fun project. And I do love to write. Even if I'm not very good. I loved writing the 90 Day Challenge workbook and I think I could put together a great little booklet. We'll see. I'm going to take the weekend to regroup and think about it. I'm eager to finish some things before starting something new. However, I think I experienced a "God Wink" the other night and I don't think I can or should ignore it.

I love when those moments happen...signs from the Universe that give direction, tell you you're on your right path and give you energy (more like a jolt of lightening) to step up and honour that "gift of leadership".

Mom, you are the most amazing leader I know. You are...Courageous. Fearless. Strong. Fair. Humble. Kind. A visionary. Based in values. Encouraging. Inspiring. Empowering. Honest. You bring out the potential and gifts of all of us. And in your way, you taught us to be leaders in our own way. You truly are the most amazing leader I know.

I love you. I hope you had a great time out with everyone!! Thx for the little chats this week. Thank you for the energy you gave me this week and for being there.
Oh, and thanks for telling me to get going when I was at work late at night!! It was a bit spooky as I locked the gate and got the heck out of there.
love crystal

PS I found this in a magazine and loved what it had to say.

No comments: