Friday, October 8, 2010

What if?





















A few days ago, Eric and I watched the movie Pay It Forward. He hadn't seen it before. I've watched it at least a dozen times. And every time, I cry my eyes out at the end. Such an inspiring movie. Yet so sad at the same time. I guess that's what makes it such a great movie...

It evokes emotion and makes me wonder...what could be possible. It makes me ask the question, "What if?"

What if it were really true...and what if we each did 3 little "random acts of kindness" in a big way? What could happen? What sort of difference could it make?

If you do the math, after only 60 days of Paying Forward good deeds, 10,460,353,203 good deeds would have been carried out! That's ten and a half billion good deeds! And only 60 days....

What if?


Watching the movie reminds me of the website I made years ago to promote random acts of kindness. It makes me think of how I could make a bigger difference with it. I'm revamping it now and making it more simple. And setting it up so people can submit their stories easier. It's going to be way better.

Living intentionally today means leveraging what I've got, rather than starting something new. It means STILL CROSSING MY FINGERS ABOUT PLAN B (I hope you and Don can come a the end of October)!!! And it also means daydreaming about what could be possible if we surround ourselves with the right people, add a little inspiration and emotion, say what's on our mind/in our hearts and ask the question, "What if?"

Love you, Mom.
Crystal

No comments: