Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I don't have to...I get to.

I don't have to work out. I get to.

When I got home from a big day of teaching in Penticton along with a 2 hour drive (there and back) the very LAST thing I wanted to do today was go for a run.

But I didn't go out yesterday and on Monday, I only went out for a 30 min run. So...I really needed to get out there. But I just didn't want to go. What I really wanted to do was lay on the couch, channel-surf and have a snack (or do all 3 at once).

Seriously the very last thing I wanted to was ANYTHING!

This isn't like me. Usually I'm eager to get out and exercise, especially when I'm training for something or it's a gorgeous day outside. Now, I'm not currently training for anything but it was nearing the end of a gorgeous day!! So...much to my mind's stalling, my body found it's own way to get on some running clothes and lace up my shoes...and get out there.

I didn't want to. I didn't have to. But I certainly GET to. It is a privilege to be able to run...and one that I needed to remind myself of today. If I have to be honest, I needed a whole lot more than reminding...I needed a kick in the ass out the door!

It's funny how it happens...but when one good thing happens, it seems to create a domino effect for more great things to happen!

When I got back from my run, 2 contractors came to look at the house for painting and electrical work that I want done (painting the lower level) and pot lights/replacing fixtures upstairs) and their prices were reasonable! So...the lower level gets painted next week! Before Cindy and Kate arrive! Yay! Yay! Yay! It's going to look gorgeous!!!

And Rob is going to paint the upstairs as he has time between his other work.

Perfect!

Today has been a fantastic day for lots of things!!
I think we finalized our location for the next DIVA Retreat to be held next April 10-17th, 2011...at Casa Des Los Suenos (www.casasuenos.com) on Isla Mujeres in the Caribbean ocean!!






Oh my GOD....isn't this amazing!!!!!!!

Mom...thank you so much for whatever it is that you instilled in all of us, and in me, that seems to be resilient and able to stand up when we fall down...to try again when something doesn't work out...to shift from "having" to...to "getting" to.
I love you!
Can't wait to see you!
I still wish you were able to come out in a couple weeks!
love Crystal
PS: And...as I sat here writing all this, a bouquet of roses came to my door....for me! Yes - me!

Thank you Mom, for EVERYTHING and thank you God for being selective in the prayers you answered.

No comments: