Monday, October 25, 2010

What matters most

Clearly, if all our belongings can be packed up in boxes and thrown out ...what matters most in life can never be something that fits in one of those boxes.





















Today, I had an opportunity to pack someone's office up b/c they are moving to a different office. As I packed up their belongings, it dawned on me that all the things we're working on, all the things we own, and all the belongings we have in our desk and even in our home....mean nothing compared to a few other things:
- how we make other people feel
- the relationships we have with the people in our lives
- our daily actions and how we live our lives

Two boxes filled with the entire contents of someone's desk (even if that desk is located in the corner office)...and even two moving-trucks loaded with the contents of a house...could never hold value or be remembered...like how we make one another feel, how we build relationships and how we live our lives through our daily actions....

I have so much yet to do, to be a better friend, to slow down some more in order to make time and space for the people in my life...but I feel grateful for the values I learned from you, Mom, and the importance of the intangible things in life. (Not including my new snazzy white chairs!) :) They're hot!! haha

Today, as I was flying from Kelowna to Edmonton, I sat back and looked out the window at the clouds, thinking about my life, loving the moment of peace, looking forward to all that doesn't fit in a box.
Love you,
See you soon.
Crystal


PS: I'm in Edmonton for the week, staying at our regular hotel where Las Vegas meets the Jetsons! There's something lovely about familiarity and knowing the lady at the front desk by name. And even more lovely...is that she asked, "Where are your sisters?"

No comments: