Friday, October 22, 2010

Intentional Eating

I'm teaching my business program in Penticton this week and the class I have just might be the very best class I've ever had in 10 years. It's been a joy to show up every day and be a part of the positive learning, the lightbulb-moments, the focus on their business ideas and inspiration to create an incredible future.

One of the participants makes her own alternative health items including protien bars, nut-milk, granola and crackers. An amazing person and brilliant individual...she gave me a couple cookbooks to look at overnight about unique and different recipes and information.

I learned so much.

The cookbooks are by Rose Vasile.

I'm totally inspired to learn some new ways to cook and eat.
She has a big list of food staples that we should have in our cupboards and fridge.
(Mom - your fridge and cupboards are full of these items!)

Food staples:
almonds, beets, carob powder, carrots, celery, dates, dulse (what's this?), flax seeds, fruit, green onions, greens, hemp seeds, lemon and limes, parsley, pecans, pumpkin seeds, quinoa, rasins, seeds for sprouting (I'm learning about this!), sesame seeds, steel cut oats, sunflower seeds, all kinds of spices,

Interesting stuff:
- you need to soak nuts (all nuts) in water, for different lengths of time depending on the nut, to release the enzymes in the nut...so, for example, if you soak almonds overnight, for 12 hours, when you eat them, you get 50% more enzymes out of them (nutrition for the body!).
There's so many interesting tid-bits in the books.

I think I'm going to buy these books for my Christmas gift exchange item for our Christmas family get-together!

Mom, love you!
I wish I would have paid closer attention to what you make and your recipes when I lived at home!!
love Crystal

No comments: