Sunday, August 8, 2010

10 Things...



10 Things Science Says Will Make You Happy

1. Savour everyday moments
2. Avoid comparisons
3. Put money low on the list
4. Have meaningful goals
5. Take initiative at work
6. Make friends, treasure family
7. Smile even when you don't feel like it
8. Say thank you like you mean it
9. Get out and exercise
10. Give your time to help others

(YES Magazine)

Mom, you didn't write this, but you could have. It's just how you live and what you instilled in us.

Thank you.

Another thing you somehow instilled in me...that little stubborn streak that sometimes gets in my way and sometimes helps me get where I want to go.

As I ran 15km yesterday and was out on my bike today, I could feel it surfacing...and I'm thankful for it. So very thankful.

When I'm riding my bike, I'm thinking a million different thoughts at times...and nothing at all, other times. Often, you come to mind, Mom and help me through the tough parts and especially when I've got a good tailwind. My secret boyfriend, Lance Armstrong also comes to mind, especially when I'm going up hills. It's a bit silly, but it works.

And right now, I'm going through every scenario in my mind, mentally preparing for the race coming up. I am also spending time visualizing the finish line smiling and strong. I can hardly wait to get there!! Visualization has been my secret strength, and probably as important as getting out there and training. We both know I've not done quite enough training...so I better visualize hard the next few weeks!

Maybe YOU could do some visualizing too! ;)

Love you.
Thank you for these 10 things you've instilled in us and a million more!
Crystal

No comments: