Thursday, August 19, 2010

I saw them everywhere today.

Today, I realize that I am not alone. I am, yet again, reminded that there are angels everywhere! Too many to count, angels picked me up and carried me when I needed them today...and I saw them everywhere I turned.

Disguised as friends, sisters, team-mates at the hostel...and you, Mom.

Thx for the little chat today. Yes...it could be worse. Although, at 7am this morning when the staff called to say that there was a plumbing leak resulting from the cabinet removal/installation, I was not happy.

But angels were everywhere...disguised as the right person who was working who knew exactly what to do...followed by the right person who could rip out all the soggy drywall...followed by the right person who could repair it...followed by friends who listened to me vent, followed by Gwen who gave me a massage, followed by the greatest team that could ever be possible at the hostel, followed by a little conversation with you, that helped put it all into perspective.

Yes...it could be worse. Much worse. And I'm so grateful that things are finally getting finished! And that in the big picture, this is all so very minor.

By the end of tomorrow, the kitchen should have the countertops in and we'll just have to paint and do the back-splash! The damage from the water leak will be replaced in a couple days. And the outdoor patio for the vacation rental is almost done!

Today, living intentionally, I learned that:
1. Doing the ugly cry while driving is not really a good idea. For many reasons.
2. When I let people help me, life is so much easier.
3. Feeling overwhelmed is just part of life...and can usually be remedied by a few deep breaths, a quick glimpse at the big picture, putting a smile on your face and even a brief phone call with your mom
4. There really are angels everywhere...disguised as friends, family and even strangers, who truly want to pick you up and carry you when you need it most.

I am blessed.
This, I know, for sure.
Thank you God.
Love you, Mom.
Crystal

No comments: