Tuesday, August 3, 2010

It goes by so quickly!

Yes...time goes by so fast!
Mom, here are a couple photos from the trip to Guatemala a few months ago with some old photos of when the grand-kids were young! Wow!! How quickly time passes!

























It makes me think about this year...the time has gone by so quickly!

There's only 26 days until the Ironman.
21 weekends until the end of the year.
20 weeks until everyone is home for Christmas and your birthday!
12 weeks until you come and visit!!
and never enough time to accomplish all that I plan to in a year, month or even a day...

Thinking of how time passes so quickly reminds me of something you do daily to maximize your time...you quietly focus on what ever it is that you are doing until it's done.

It's that simple.

Focus. Focus. Focus. Focus! Right HERE. Until it's done.

Today, was a simply extraordinary day. It was a near-perfect day for many reasons.

One of the great parts of my day was spent picking weeds in the garden (at the old house). I found myself jumping from this area to that area, back and forth, enjoying myself but a little unfocused. When I realized that I was sort of just jumping around, picking a weed here, a weed there, etc. I stopped. I stopped and focused in just where I was. Slowly. Focusing. Until it was done.

Thank you for the subtle ways you come to my mind Mom and for always inspiring me to be a little "more" every day...helping me to become a little more than I was when I woke up this morning.

I love you.
Crystal

No comments: