Monday, August 16, 2010

What would you do today...



Race morning is in 13 days! I'm feeling the anticipation now.
The nervousness.
The excitement.
And the magnitude.

I am grateful for experience and having done the race before but it's always a new and different day. Always humbling. Always overwhelming. And never easy.

But the race is also an adventure, an opportunity to discover my potential, a test not only of physical ability but mental strength. And it's an honour to be at the start line. (Never mind the finish line. It's really not what the race is about.)

Yes...I know that "The miracle isn't that I finished, but that I had the courage to start." (George Sheehan), however, I hope to reach that line...smiling, happy and dancing!

After a two hour bike ride yesterday, Gwen, Rob and a bunch of friends went out on the lake. We had a great time laughing, having fun and talking about triathlons. A couple of friends are doing their very first triathlon next week. Another friend and I are doing the IM in 2 weeks. Gwen and Rob, much smarter than any of us, are happy just to exercise and not do such silly things.

Since they are not training for any races, and not fearing any injury or accident, Rob and Gwen have gone out on the boards. Last week, Gwen went wake boarding and yesterday, Rob went wake-surfing. They were both amazing! Here are a couple photos...



Today, as I sit here, with this little metal frame with magnet letters next to me...that says, "If I were brave" on it....I am listening to the beautiful song by Jana Stansfield with the same title....wondering...."What step would take...if I were brave. What would I do today...if I were brave? What if we were all meant to do what we secretly dreamed? What would you ask if you knew you could have anything?"

Mom, with the countdown on, if I were brave, and if I could have anything, I'd ask to finish...smiling, happy and dancing with Kate and Gwen and friends who are also in the race. That would be more than enough!

Love you,
Crystal

No comments: