Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Change IS Good

Oh...yes it is!
Even when it's uncomfortable, scary or...expensive!
Mom, I'm sure you dealt with a lot of changes that were definitely uncomfortable, scary and expensive!

Today is a big day of change at the hostel! We're getting a brand new, custom built kitchen!! Lastnight, a crew came in and ripped out all the old cabinets!

And today, the new kitchen is being installed!

It's more expensive than I thought it would be, with the new cabinets, the rip-out, the new counter top (stainless steel!) and new sink, taps, etc.....and that is uncomfortable, scary and expensive....

BUT...CHANGE IS GOOD...
In all areas of life...not just in the kitchen! And I'm grateful to embrace the excitement and anticipation that goes along with change...even if it leaves me temporarily nervous, vulnerable and/or a little unsure.

I can always fall back on great memories....

...and stand back to see how far we've come!
Mom, love you.
Love your paint job 12 years ago!
Love how you embrace change and have taught me that change is good...if I embrace the excitement and anticipation of what's to come!
crystal

No comments: